, pub-6205477701819908, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0, pub-0000000000000000, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

UFO Incident – Tehran

Alien & UFO UFOs Sighting

It receives the name of Tehran U̳F̳O̳ I̳n̳c̳i̳d̳e̳n̳t̳, the sighting of an unidentified flying object in the early hours of the morning of September 19, 1976, over Tehran, the capital of Iran.

In the early morning of September 19, 1976 at 0:30 local time, the Imperial Iranian Air Force received four phone calls from citizens living in the Shermiran area of the capital saying they had seen strange objects in the sky.

Some reported a bird-shaped object, while others reported a helicopter with a spotlight. The Iranian Air Force decided to solve the case by sending an F-4 Phantom II fighter to investigate the origin of the phenomenon and intercept the possible intruder.

The Iranian fighter took off at 1:30 a.m. local time and headed for a point about 75 kilometers north of Tehran. Due to its brightness, the unidentified object was easily visible from a distance of 130 kilometers.

Artistic interpretation of the fact described above. Credit:

As the F-4 approached within 45 kilometers of the unidentified object, it suffered a loss of all instruments and communications, so it aborted the intercept to return to base. As he turned his back on the unknown object and began to move away, he recovered his instruments and communications.

At about 1:40 local time, a second F-4 took off to investigate the object. Upon reaching about 45 kilometers, the U̳F̳O̳ moved away and remained at that same distance. Its size was difficult to determine due to its intense brightness. Their light was like strobe lights in a rectangular pattern that alternated in quick succession blue, green, red, and orange so quickly that all four colors could be seen at the same time.

The object and the F-4 followed a trajectory to the south of Tehran when another luminous body, with an apparent size of half or a third of the Moon, left the first object. That second object headed straight for the F-4 at high speed.

Parviz Jafari posing next to his plane.

The pilot, Parviz Jafari, attempted to fire an AIM-9 missile at the object, but at that point his weapons panel blacked out and he lost all communications.

Faced with this situation, Jafari began a turn, with the second object very close behind, about 5 or 7 kilometers away, but then returned to the original body and merged with it. Shortly after, a third body came out on the other side of the first phenomenon and descended at great speed.

The F-4 crew, having recovered communications and the weapons control panel, watched as that third object approached the ground, anticipating an explosion. However, the phenomenon appeared to rest gently on the ground and cast a very bright light over an area of about 2-3 km.

F-4 planes similar to the ones the U̳F̳O̳s chased.

The F-4 descended and continued to observe the position of the third object. Shortly thereafter, the F-4 returned to base and landed, but during the approach to the runway he observed a fourth U̳F̳O̳, a cylindrical object with bright lights on each side and a flashing light in the middle.

A commercial plane approaching Mehrabad International Airport at the same time experienced a communication failure, but did not report seeing anything abnormal.

After sunrise, the F-4 crews were flown by helicopter to the area where the third object had apparently landed, but did not notice anything unusual about the location, which was a dry lake bed.

Appearance of the cylindrical object.

However, to the west of that place, they found a small house with a garden, so they landed nearby and asked the occupants of the house if they had noticed anything unusual during the night. They reported hearing a very loud noise and seeing a very bright light, like lightning.

Subsequently, on November 12, 2007, General (R) of the Iranian Air Force Parviz Jafari shared his testimony during a meeting at the National Press Club in Washington, United States, where soldiers from different countries gathered to share their experiences around anomalous aerial phenomena.

“One of the objects headed towards me. I thought it was a missile. I tried to throw a heat-chasing missile at him, but my missile panel went dead. Another followed me as I descended on my return (to the base),” Jafari declared again on that occasion.

This incident was so significant and shocking that the report you have just read is a translation of a declassified document written by Captain Henry S. Shields of the US Air Forces in Europe (USAFE), which you can access here.

Leave a Reply